Saturday, September 6, 2014

WOOLY BEARS

Yep.

Saw three of 'em on my way to my shift-work yesterday afternoon.

Now some people say that looking at how wide the stripes are indicate how bad a winter it's going to be. 

Me, I mostly pay attention to when they start showing up. I figure they're heading for their winter quarters when I see them crossing our roads.

One year I saw them fairly early in the summer - and sure enough it was a winter from hell.

So September isn't AWFUL - but I'd rather it be October, sigh.

This Long Dark is going to come all to soon, but they always do up here in Dakota.

Saw those fuzzy caterpillars crossing my path and thought: oh no! I don't have nearly enough winter wood stockpiled; better get on that!

And so I shall.

On Monday I think, as I have shift-work to tend to until then.

Chain saw, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment