Friday, September 19, 2014

The Vote Was No - But Scotland Wins

You know what I saw over the course of this Independence Vote thing?

I saw a nation united.

'Divided' about half and half, you say, is not united.

Really?

What did every Scot have on his or her mind yesterday?

Hmmm ... ?

Voting.

Making their own individual Voice heard, using it to say what they wanted to say.

Choosing for themselves.

When such a massive percentage turns out to vote, to Choose, guess what?

They may not have agreed with one another, but each and all agreed on one thing: I have a Voice and I'm going to use it.

I call that united. When the People of a nation are all thinking and doing the same thing at the same time (I'm going to vote, here I am and I'm having my say), what else is that but Unity?

Just sayin'.

Well done, Scotland. 97% would have been great, but 85% is mighty fine! 

You've done yourself proud and set the bar for the rest of us. 

We ought to make it an international competition or something, to see who can beat that level of individual participation.




No comments:

Post a Comment