Tuesday, September 23, 2014

WILL WONDERS NEVER CEASE?



Now, I'm not altogether sure I ought to be doing this but what the heck.

In the past weeks, since even before Mamm of Dunnottar was finished, the next set of books has been taking root and growing. 

Leave it to my Characters to throw my best-laid plans into the wind.

I tell ya.

And that's EXACTLY what they did.

My INFJ mind is going to work here, so either click out or bear with me, whichever best suits you. 

Back when I was fretting about the presentation of SONG, wanting to present in reverse order (not knowing at the time that the other books were about ready to start their Story) someone on one of the forums suggested starting in the middle.

I left SONG as it was but it turns out that SONG really was 'starting in the middle' - kind of - as it is both the beginning of one story-line and the ending of the second in the Mamm Books.

The PLAN was to, chronologically, bring the Story up to the present (our own present) in increments of about 300 years with the Characters telling it turn and turn about in their own books.

I might still do that - or a variation of it - but guess what.

Danann and Sidhelagh were slated to be last in line because they're in Atonement, right?

Well, their 'Story' had to be the Future as the rest of the Characters' Stories bring us smack up to now.

And they flat refuse to wait and let the others go first. They're right, too. They ARE next in seniority and status, after Mamm.

I was going to wait to write their Story for a while, but ... well ... I'm only just a lowly recording device and they outrank me. 

So I've been mulling.

1500 years in the past, that's the time of the Mamm Books - Perth, Tarnos, Iona, Dunnottar, SONG. So logically speaking, Danann and Sidhelagh ought to be 1500 years in the future.

Running across Zoltan Istvan again at this particular time is serendipitous indeed. 

His 'futuristic' outlook is exactly what I need right now so it's happy I am to be able to learn as I go here.

People ask me: What would your Characters think about the way things are now, as opposed to what they were like back then?

I don't know - haven't asked them as I was going to lead up to that whole thing via the intervening books.

And now I'm liable to get their opinions about today, all right - from the perspective of 1500 years from now.

I think I feel a headache coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment