Friday, September 26, 2014

And so WHAT if I use a lot of 'F' words in my books !?

I was at our local County Fair, selling and signing books, right?

Yeah, I was - and it was a lot of fun, too! Got to see and talk to a bunch of people I hadn't seen in years and met a bunch of new ones to boot. It was a hoot I tell you, a great time!

Mostly the focus was on Small Town USA, because that book is about this particular County and these particular communities here.

But I had along the Mamm Books that I had finished (copies of Iona got here just in time; Mamm of Dunnnottar was not even begun yet). And I wore my Sidhelagh clothes. Her wardrobe is much more comfortable than mine, I have to say.

Anyhow, I got asked about the Mamm Books quite a bit so did a little explaining, a big part of which involved those 'F' words.

A group of young adults, not from around here and I have no idea where they WERE from, were curious and interested ... and apparently the 'F' words stuck in their heads because I saw a couple of them again and they grinned when they saw me and said, 'You're the one who uses all those 'F' words!'

And I laughed and said, 'Yep! Do you remember what they are?'

Now I was only teasing them, didn't really expect them to have even thought twice about it.

But they surprised the heck out of me when they promptly and accurately rattled them right off!

Faith
Family
Friendship
Freedom
the Future

AND drew the circles in the air with forefingers as they recited them!

It still makes me smile.

I kind of like being 'the gramma lady who uses 'F' words a lot' ...

No comments:

Post a Comment