Sunday, July 15, 2012

NEXT ON MY HIT LIST: POTS AND PANS

I ask you:

How many pots and pans does one woman need? 

Well, let's see. 

I need a good-sized one for when I want to make a big batch of soup that I can freeze in meal-sized portions so I don't have to cook for a few days. 

I need a smallish one for heating up those meal-sized portions. 

I need all the cast iron ones I can get my hands on for when I cook on the antique wood stove that's going into my antique kitchen as soon as 1) I get it refurbished and 2) I get the brickwork done where it's going to go.

I think that's about it. 

I've got a crock pot.
I've got a griddle.
I've got an electric skillet.

Huh.

Oh yeah, I need a couple of cake pans and one for cupcakes and a cookie sheet. 

And a roaster in case I get a wild hair and decide to cook a turkey. 

And the old-fashioned canning things - they'll go in the antique kitchen. 

There. 

THAT's it. 

Since this is me we're talking about here, you can bet your bottom dollar that at least 80% of my pots and pans are going OUT.  I'll still have plenty, believe you me.  I might even hang onto a couple of sauce pans I'm particularly fond of.  A couple:  that's TWO, not seven or eight. 

My daughters would be so proud of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment