Friday, July 13, 2012

Hand-Me-Up Jeans!





A young mother cleaned her closets.

She sorted out a big pile of comfortable old jeans which she gave to her ten years younger sister, telling her, “There comes a time in a woman’s life when certain kinds of clothes just aren’t appropriate any more.  I’m too old for these.”

The little sister, who had plenty of comfortable jeans of her own, turned to a little old gramma lady, the mother of the two girls.

“Hey Mom, I can’t use these; I don’t have room for them.  You want some?” 

The little old gramma lady hesitated, remembering the words of her eldest daughter, passed on to her by her youngest, about giving up certain types of attire as inappropriate as a woman matured. 

Giving a smile, she began looking through the jeans and chose several pair that fit her comfortably. 

“There comes a time in a woman’s life when she doesn’t give a damn what’s appropriate as long as it’s comfortable!”

I think I’ll wear these jeans as much as I want to.

I think I’ll keep them for twenty or thirty years – because she might want them back one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment