Saturday, July 14, 2012

GETTING AROUND TO THE PLUMBING

2012 July 14 GRRRRR

I finally get my poop in a group and decide to do some of the plumbing I’ve been putting off since forever.

All the supplies I need are on hand, the preliminary cutting and fitting are done, and it’s time to get to the putting together of the pieces. 

Right.  I cannot get the tops screwed off of the new cans of primer and cement. 

Am I a wimp? 

No. 

I am not a wimp. 

Even so I can’t break those seals. 

I reckon it’s time to go to Plan B, since brute strength isn’t working (that was Plan A). 

Plan B involves running them under hot water for a while before re-applying brute strength. 

Nope.

Plan B didn’t work. On to Plan C.

Plan C is rapping them a few times against something, and then applying brute strength. 

Dang. 

Plan C didn’t do the trick, either. 

It’s a good thing I have an entire alphabet at my disposal! 

Plan D – geez, I hardly EVER get this far into the alphabet – means looking for and putting to use the right tool. 

My wrenches, the ones I can find, don’t fit.  Maybe I can find a pair of pliers that will work.

AH-HA! 

SUCCESS IS MINE! 

Ten minutes later.  Now that little project is done and I’m going to file that pair of pliers with the plumbing supplies. 

I tell ya:  Next time my Plan A will be to use them straight off the bat and I won’t have to use any of the rest of the alphabet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment