Saturday, October 3, 2015

How to get writing done with limited time ...

It's so frustrating ... finally the urge to just sit down and pound out the words hits - and my time is so limited that I can't do it!

Sticking with short stories, Character Sketches, scene descriptions, and the like ought to help a little.

When there are dozens of the above running through my head at any given time I wind up not getting any of them done because I can't decide which to start on.

SO ... 

I'm going to jot them all down as I think of them, transfer the bits and pieces to index cards, file them at random, and then when I have an hour or two, pick one without looking to see which it is AND without looking at ANY of the others (because that would just lead me straight back into the internal debate, wasting what little time I have) and write whatever I've drawn out of the mix.

I figure it's worth a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment