Monday, December 29, 2014

Works In Progress Ending 2014


Be patient ... they aren't done yet! Hint of what lies ahead:  see those little pine cones and pheasant feathers at the bottom of that lower photo? Mm-hmm ... those ones ... think necklace dangles, earrings, bow ties, hat bands, bracelets, and incorporation into paintings or other art pieces for the feathers - and who knows what for the pine cones ... let it be a challenge to us. May see if I can fit in more white on black pieces on these, but may run out of 2014 before I get to them ... 

This one is waiting to get stretched onto its frame (using one of the movie poster frames from the now-extinct theatre in town, to give you an idea of its size, though the design is centered so won't take up the whole of that space all by itself) so I can work on finishing it ... a base coat or two on the back to strengthen it so it can carry the weight of texturing, and then metallics I think ... depends on what it wants.


As this year of 2014 comes to an end, I've got a few pieces to finish.

These will be the last of the 2014 artwork ... and I can't wait to see what 2015 holds! 

I'm grinning with anticipation ...

Let the experiments begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment