Monday, December 15, 2014

*DEEP CONTENTED SIGH*



As expected, I found lots of marvelous Unicorn ideas.

Then I went looking for other things as the Younglings of Dunnottar are surely going to be having a wide variety of adventures.

We got some dragon ideas and went on our merry way into faerie-lore and faerie-land.

That's when I remembered the Brownies.

A book from childhood has held its own dear little corner of my mind for all of these years. Although I didn't remember much about it except that you need to keep a bowl of milk set out and something about a cherry tree with big cherries, and that the children could see the Brownie when nobody else could, I did remember that Brownie.

So, me being me, I went looking and didn't stop until I found the book on line.

Here's the link:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/30494/30494-h/30494-h.htm

If you read the book you'll know why MammTwo was in such a tizzy when LittleMamm hid the Brownie bowl in Mamm of Tarnos.

And now that I've gotten the link safely here in this blog, I'm going back to reading, with a bowl of popcorn and some hot cocoa, 'The Adventures of a Brownie' by Miss Mulock. The book is from the turn of the last century, but of course Brownies have been around a LOT longer than that!

I am so very grateful for the Gutenberg Project, and to my friend Nathan for reminding me of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment