Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The Music of the Universe - This Is To Be My Symphony

A friend's blog post reminded me of something that's been a guide to me for a long time, along with a couple of other bits from here and there.

HERE'S THE LINK to the post that set me to thinking about Music and the Universe ... 

And here is the Symphony of Alpha Chi Omega.


One of the things about Alpha Chi that's been recently on my mind is their dedication to the struggle against Domestic Violence.

Back when I was an Active member, we worked to raise funds for  something different. I'm not sure when the focus changed ... I was in an abusive relationship at the time, or perhaps busy with my own work as a DV Advocate.

When I found out what Alpha Chi was doing, I took a deep breath and tried to still my heart. It still affects me that way, thinking about it. 

They've set out to change the world they live in - and my heart does indeed swell within me.

From the depths of my soul I pray for those who are affected by DV, and for those with the courage to battle it.

Recently our own little community, Small Town USA, lost one of our own - so it's surely on my mind and on my heart. A young mother, gone. A father, the perpetrator, gone as well ... so there are two grieving families and an orphan who will not grow up with either parent. Our community is in pain. It hurts us all.

And so my prayer for this day is that we somehow can manage to make our way through this - families, communities, cultures, nations, world. 

For Alpha Chi Omega I have great respect and enormous gratitude. For both its gift to me of the Symphony, and for its dedication to the battle, person by person, against the horrors that affect all too many of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment