Thursday, October 9, 2014

Places to go, Things to do, People to see!


This piece is called 'The Flight of the Wild Geese' and references the soldiers of Ireland who in the 1500s, 1600s, and 1700s flocked to the armies of other lands. The red represents the color of the uniforms they typically wore, and the blood they shed, these Wild Geese.

In a little while I need to be in Harvey to pick up the works of two artists whose travel is limited. 

I'm taking the pieces, along with my own, to Bowdon for the annual Duck Fest Art Show - where I've also got to spend as long as it takes helping to get it all set up.

Which means I've got to get myself to the store for a lunch to take along and CHOCOLATE.

When you've got a challenging task to get done, chocolate never hurts.

Then I've got tomorrow off in which to prepare for the chatting, signing, etc. that comes on Saturday. 

Looking forward to it although I'd be happier if I weren't fighting off being sick.

Regardless ... off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment