Wednesday, October 29, 2014

KID BOOKS ... Been Working My Behinder Off!



Kid stories are a hoot and a half to do, but holy buckets the illustrations, simple as they are, can make a person more nuts than usual! 

https://www.createspace.com/5073783

That's the link to 

Going to the Moon 

and then there's 



https://www.createspace.com/5067229

Junior the Goldfish

and I think that might be it for this set of days off unless I can get




The Surprise! 

whipped into shape today ... possible ... but don't hold your breath 

just in case I get distracted by   


The Lonely Little Owl



or the Brann Stories ... 

(sketch ideas ...)

Here are a few of the things I use for ideas when designing illustrations for stories ... 










For example, Brann rides his wolves (as did David of Chattan in LittleMamm of Iona - thankfully the grown-up books don't require illustrations, only covers!) so I found a simple drawing of a wolf with a person aboard simply for the visual ... I could also have chosen to find a photo of a running wolf and gone by that, adding a child rider.

Because the interiors are all black and white I've mostly gone with simple line drawings that kids can color if they want.

The fireplace is basically just for me ... I want to do either a sketch or a painting of the Dunnottar family in their hearth circle - where they tell and hear the Story. IF I ever get the kid stories caught up on.



No comments:

Post a Comment