Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Curiosity Wins Again

As soon as I get all these kid books under some semblance of control I want to get some REAL painting done.

Found some amazing photos on line and now I just want to paint some horses.

I had one on my mind because Sass had to continue on pilgrimage 'alone' in Mamm of Dunnottar - so she chose Sampson as her steed and there was a photo I saw in my head as she told her part of the Story. Posted it and then had to go back and find it - and got only as far as the site I found it through, sigh. I tried.

In the process I ran across a bunch of horse photos and found myself drawn to the Percherons. Now I'm going to have to do my homework and research these incredible horses. Spurring me on, as if I need it, is the coincidental similarity of their name to the Perchtanne people of the Story (a name I made up based on a complicated sequence of research) ... curiosity wins every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment