Sunday, March 16, 2014

When I Write (and read) About The SONG ...

The thing I like about the concept of the Song of the Trinity is that each and all of us will have our own version of it in our hearts as we read of it.

Me, I was raised Christian and have many hymns in my soul. Some are old songs, but none are from 487 AD as far as I know. Yet the meanings will not have changed although the languages and melodies have. 

The Song remains, and we Sing it in whatever way best suits - that's the thing about the Song, you know. It lives within each and all of us and it comes out through our Voices and our lives, however we choose.

I inevitably get tears in my eyes and they often flow when I write or read the Song parts of the books I write.

Because as I'm writing or reading I'm hearing my mother's Voice, Steve's bass Voice, my own Voice, Helen's Voice, Sarah's Voice, Tess' Voice, Heather's Voice, the Voices of Casey, Matt, and Mitchell.

My mother's Voice Sings the song I personally associate with Choice: 'Just As I Am'. I heard her beautiful Voice Sing this song many times as a little girl; I hear it today in the Song I write of.

I don't think I ever heard Steve Sing the song I associate with Creation, Life, Death, Eternity - he never Sang enough and would have chosen other songs - but it is his Voice that Sings 'How Great Thou Art' as Danann's part of the Song of the Trinity.

My own Voice, nothing much to write home about, nevertheless rises into 'Let There Be Peace On Earth' as Sidhelagh Sings.

Helen and Casey Sing of Faith and the song I hear from their Voices is 'Faith of Our Fathers'. They're strong Catholics and perhaps don't even know this song, but Alianora and Drustann Sing it when I write or read of the Song.

Sarah, my Mac, has an amazing Voice. As Dianann that Voice Sings 'In The Garden' and Healing happens within me every time I hear it. It is her gift to me, unknown to her but of great comfort to me when I need it. I don't know yet whose Voice belongs to Thann, but I do know that it's a powerful one, strong enough to match Sass'.

Tess and Matt's Song is 'Amazing Grace' and their Voices belong to Ostara and Talorc in the Song of Hope and Tomorrow. When I write or read of it, it is the pair of them I see and hear, together and in tune with each other and all things good. 

Heather and Mitchell are Aine and Alann; they Sing of Love and their part of the Song of the Trinity is 'Blest Be the Tie That Binds' for they represent the kindred minds in a way uniquely their own; it is their Voices that carry this Love to share with me every time I read or write of the Song.

Likewise do I hear the Voices of the Representatives of the other Characters, the ones of the Mamm Books, when the Song comes to the story. All have a part to Sing; all have Voices to carry the Legacy forward. 

I expect everyone has a special song that has meaning to them, a song that brings them thoughts and feelings of Peace, or Love, or any of the other parts of the Song of the Trinity. These special songs - different for each individual person - are, I think, gifts of the Spirit that dwells in all of us. 

A song will become a part of you in a way that nothing else really can, and remain with you for the entirety of your life. No matter what changes come along, that song will always mean to you what it has meant to you from the first time you heard it. 

And so, as you read of the Singing of the Song in the pages of these books, listen to your own heart for the melody of your own Song, and hum along, or Sing aloud if you choose. The SONG belongs to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment