Tuesday, March 18, 2014

O_O I Wanted Mamm of Perth In My Hands For Spring Equinox

I missed my deadline because of illnesses (my own and my dad's) and thought, 'Oh well, it will be close and that will have to do ...'

Then, just for the heck of it, I thought I'd follow the tracking link provided to me at the time the print books were shipped, expecting to see the later date for the estimated delivery, prepared to be sad.

It was a goose-bump-raising thing to see the actual delivery date:

MARCH 20, 2014

Sometimes I just want to thunk myself on the head and shout, 'Oh me of little faith!'

I know that a few days doesn't really make that much of a difference, but the timing is important to me in this case.

It was a Fall Equinox that started this whole thing, years and years ago; it was Summer Solstice 2013 that I found Dunnottar and began this project; it was Fall Equinox again when I finished writing They Are My Song; it was Winter Solstice when I finished Mamm of Perth; I wanted it to be Spring Equinox when I held it in my hands - and it looks like it might just happen that way after all! AND it looks like it might be this same Spring Equinox that Mamm of Tarnos goes to print!

After that I can relax a little because Mamm of Iona isn't due to come out until Summer Solstice, whew! That's three months down the road. 

Then another three months until Fall Equinox and the fourth and final of the Mamm Books comes out: Mamm of Dunnottar,

 ... and then the other seven books in this series ... those of Alianora and Drustann, Dianann and Thann, Ostara and Talorc, Aine and Alann, Merri, Danann, and Sidhelagh.

The last seven will take us from 487/88 up to the present, skipping through a lot of generations and centuries to get us here in only seven books ... and they won't necessarily come out in consecutive order, depending on those Characters of ours! 

For all I know Merri will want to just leap straight into the NOW, or Drustann will feel like riding into the Renaissance to see what's up there ... or any of them might take a notion to go to Colonial America, or the Tudor days, or the French Revolution, or WW I, or go on a Crusade, or see what life was like at the time of William the Conqueror ... their options are many so we'll have to see what choices they make. 

No matter how they choose, the journey is likely to be fascinating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment