Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Early Night Tonight

Tonight I SLEEP.

I know, I say that all the time and it rarely actually happens, but on this night my eyes are falling down before midnight so there's HOPE.

See, tomorrow I need to get up when I first wake up instead of trying to go back to sleep and wasting the time it takes to try to do something that never happens.

Tomorrow I'm hanging the cover painting for Mamm of Perth in my front porch windows, mainly because I haven't got the faintest clue what else to do with it now that it's served its purpose. I will also really REALLY love seeing it hanging there instead of in my studio.

Once it's OUT of there I can hang the canvas for the Mamm of Tarnos cover painting.

And I'll guarantee one thing: Mamm of Tarnos isn't going to take anywhere NEAR as long as Mamm of Perth did.

How, you ask, can I make any such claim?

Because the experimentation is (hopefully) out of my system for a while; because there are not going to be NINE Characters on it; because I now have hardboard to back the wobbly canvas with (if you think that ought not to make much difference, try drawing or painting on a surface that moves at the slightest touch); because after these next two days of shift-work I'll have a set of days off in which to JUST DO IT.

But before I begin and find myself immersed in the project, I'm going to rearrange and clean my house. Knowing that painting isn't going to even get started until I get THAT done ought to motivate me to get things moved mighty fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment