Thursday, May 24, 2012

Time For WANT TO ... Enough HAVE TO Already!

2012 MAY

I HAVE A NUMBER OF BLOGS GOING 

One of them is like a catch-all blog, where I tend to put any- and every-thing as I go along, and then eventually go through them all and try to figure out which ones go where. 

I’ve got Shiela Branson, that’s the main one.  Then there’s Poetry, Artwork, Youth Fiction, Photography, and Short Stories.  I’m going to have to start other sub-blogs for my family tree stuff, yet another one for the Vignettes I’ve written along the way, and one where I can post some of the newspaper articles I wrote back when I was doing that on a regular basis. 

In my main blog I have a fairly large number of drafts; I’m trying to garner the courage to put them out there but it’s a challenge. 

At any rate, there are photos that I have to add to a lot of the ones I’ve already got written.  It seems such a CHORE, adding them all. 

Well, geez.  It wouldn’t be such a CHORE if I’d just put them in as I go along.  Yeah, yeah, I know.  I just have to DO it! 

Once in a while I look at the different blogs and realize that I have dozens of things I want to add to them.  I tell myself I’m going to JUST DO IT.  And then I turn around and do something else instead.  There are too many things I HAVE to do; as soon as I get caught up on all of them I’ll be able to do some of the things I WANT to do. 

Hmmm … I can see that I’m going to have to figure out some kind of compromise here.  Right now there’s no BALANCE; except for the rare times I go visit one of my girls, my life consists of the HAVE TO and the WANT TO just isn’t anywhere in the picture. 

So there’s one thing I need to focus on for just a bit I reckon.  Finding a balance sure would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment