Thursday, May 24, 2012

PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORIES - EVENTUALLY - I HOPE - BUT NOT TODAY

2012 MAY SORTING OLD PHOTOGRAPHS

I could spend far more time than I have available doing this, let me tell you!

There are several good-sized boxes of photos waiting for my attention, and part of me is eager to get into them!  I want to see what’s there, to have a chance to ‘visit’ once again people who are now gone but whom I still love as dearly as always.

And I have to laugh at myself.  Because I know that I had better NOT give in to that temptation any time soon – there are projects I have to get done before I can reward myself. 

I must be STERN with myself!  I must be STRONGER than the temptation.  I must RESIST. 

Mm-hmmm. 

I’ll do the best I can. 

No guarantees.

One of these days I’ll set aside an entire day for scanning pictures, just to see how big a dent I can make in one day.  I already know it’s going to take a lot more than just that one day, so don’t get excited about immediate results! 

Today I found a SMALL box of old pictures, from my own archives.  That alone took me several hours to go through. 

Maybe it took so long because I was popping into and out of various abodes lining my Memory Lane, spending a little time in each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment