Saturday, May 26, 2012

BOOKS



I've sorted my books and have four boxes to go OUT.  This is a second sorting, as I've already disposed of several boxes full.

Hopefully I'll hve a chance to take them to the bookstore in Bemidji where my daughter Heather lives before I get so totally fed up with all the clutter around here that I simply take them to the dump. 

That bookstore is great!  They'll take your books (the ones in good shape) and use them as a discount on the books you want to buy. 

Depending on how many of the books that are filling my four boxes meet their standards, I figure Heather might be able to get at least a few for herself and Zachary (her son) and Bob (her husband) at a mighty fine price. 

I've got about 350 books left after the weeding out process. 

As my grandchildren learn to read they will inherit most of the older books if they want them, a lot of which I grew up with.

Now that I have spcae on my bookshelves I can begin to gradually search for, buy, and shelve more of the books I really want to have on hand.  Over the course of the years, and all the moves, many of my favorites have been lost or left behind along the way.  It's time to replace the ones I love and find others to add to that collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment