Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I Tell Ya ...

Communication is a fascinating phenomenon. 

I once tried three different times to tell someone something that was important to me.

Having had experience with this particular person, I ought to have known better. 

But this was IMPORTANT TO ME. 

It's the ME part of the equation that should have clued me in, but she had just gotten through telling me that if I ever needed anyone she was there for me. 

Indeed. 

So I called her on the phone.  I had something I wanted to talk to someone about and needed her to be there for me, as she had adamantly vowed she would be. 

Unfortunately, my call went out with bad timing.  She TOO had something on her mind that she wanted to talk about.  As the call progressed I realized that the only words I could get in (even edgewise) were brief words of sympathy and support for her. 

I gave up and tried again down the road a piece. 

Second verse same as the first. 

Third verse likewise. 

Eventually I wrote her a letter to which she not only did not respond at the time but in the lo! these many months has yet to refer to (even to acknowledge that she got it, and yes I know she did receive it) in any way, shape or form. 

For a moment I was wondering why this 'incident' came to my mind. 

Then I realized that once again I have something on my mind and was considering giving her a call. 

NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment