Wednesday, January 25, 2012

State Of The Union

Oh for heaven's sake. 
Somewhere in cyberspace is a post I was just working on. 
Perhaps it's just as well. 
The gist of it was that I'm not overly trusting of our politicians these days to follow through with action on the words they say but realize that making me happy isn't in their job description - that's MY responsibility.
We can moan and groan and post comments all over the internet, which is fine and dandy and a convenient vent - but really ... no matter what, we DO get to choose our own personal level of happiness.
As for the State of the Union:  who am I but a little old lady living in my tumble down cottage on Main Street of Small Town USA.  When I hear some good ideas it makes me happy.  When I realize that few if any of them will come to fruition, and read a lot of comments on line from VERY unhappy people, it saddens me a bit. 
But then I get back to the job of creating and maintaining my own personal happiness, serenity, whatever you want to call it, and all is well. 
Who cares if my post filled with words of wisdom is now out there somewhere besides on my screen? 
It's not like a shortage of replacement words has ever been much of a problem for me. 
Gists are shorter than originals, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment