Thursday, May 18, 2017

Busy As All Get-Out And Loving Every Minute



Just lately I really have been busy, even more so than usual.

COME  HELL AND HIGH WATER, the Alianora Books of SONG, are all headed for print and the Younglings are clamoring for attention while Sass and Aine are vying to see which will produce the next set of books for SONG. Caileen, being of a more patient nature, stands by, watching the dispute.

Sass' main 'argument' is that she's technically next in the line up.

Aine suggests that the timeline of Sass might be a bit ... tumultuous ... all things considered. She thinks we all need a change of pace. Plus she's in a hurry to get to the New World, and to take us all along with her.

Danann of Dunnottar, their father, stands with Sass, arms folded.

Sidhelagh of Dunnottar, the mother of the Sisters of Dunnottar, just smiles. Me, I have a feeling she might have something up her sleeve, but she's not saying anything. At all. She's just smiling.

Which of the two will prevail is anybody's guess.

The Younglings, on the other hand, are yammering that they want to be about having their adventures. To them, time and place aren't the least bit relevant. Their adventures take them all over the Spiral.

So there's that.

While Aine and Sass argue their cases, we'll likely tend to the impatient Younglings, which is no hardship by any means. Their adventures are going to be a great deal of fun for all concerned.

Meanwhile, I've been focusing on getting a garden going. For the first time in WAY too long, I've got some things planted, and none of them have died (yet). You'll likely see more posts about it along the way. Look for the Straw Bale Garden posts.

Another string to my harp is working that little calf hide. At the moment it's been mostly scraped (another time or two to go as we progress through the procedure) and is in the 'pickling solution'. The posts about it will probably have 'Tan Your Hide' labels.

There are a few art projects in the works, neglected for the moment but I'll soon be back to them.

And I've been reading my way through the remnants of my collection of westerns, books about the American West, so that I can get them into the mail to my grandboy in Minnesota.

Add to all that a full time job that I adore, people around me who are awesome, Duke keeping me company, getting outfits and accessories done for the Character Collections, adjusting to a very definite change in climate :) ... and the meeting of new friends ... not to mention the things I haven't had time to even get started on ... yes I've been busy.

And yes I've been loving every minute of it.






No comments:

Post a Comment