Monday, June 3, 2013

THOSE WERE THE DAYS, MY FRIEND

I just watched a video that my sister had made from footage taken more than twenty years ago! 

All the cousins are the kids I remember them being, which ought not to surprise me but it still kind of does.  It took me straight back to the then and the there, and made me smile because none of them have really changed all that much from the children they were.  They're adults now, of course, but they are all still their uniquely individual selves! 

There's a glimpse of me in the video, and of my sister - I remember the kids as THEY were a lot better than I remember us as WE were!

At any rate, it was a lovely little journey for me and I wish we had been more on top of things back then, had created more of those lovely little journeys.  Who thinks of such things at the time when the kids are all so young and our lives are so busy with just the busy-ness of the days? 

Sigh. 

'Those were the days, my friend ... we thought they'd never end ... '

No comments:

Post a Comment