Monday, June 10, 2013

Still Checking Out My New Kitchen

 
 
Painted checks onto the corners of dish towels.
Here I'm using another 1x4 to support an end of the trim - something to keep in mind when you have to do projects alone.  Use what IS there and just git-r-done.

These are the boards they sold me.  What's wrong with this picture?  Always get more than you need because if you don't sure as heck you're gonna get home with crooked boards.  I won't be able to finish all the trim work until after another trip to buy more 1x4.  SIGH 

Here's what I used:
1x4 boards
vinyl drawer liner (cut to six inches wide)
pencil for cut line
scissors to cut vinyl
saw and miter box
office stapler and standard staples
sanding block for cut ends

Center board on strip of vinyl.
Use checks to assure you're getting it stapled on straight.
Do one edge first, staples as close together as you want; I used a LOT of staples, every other inch or so.

Tug the vinyl tight and staple the other side.

VOILA!

Didn't need a support board for THIS one!  It snugged right in over the door perfectly.

If you're a perfectionist in search of imperfections, you'll find them by the hundreds at my house in projects I've done.
I am not a perfectionist; I am not a professional; I am doing the best I can with what I have to work with - some of the boards weren't quite AS crooked as others, so I went ahead and used them. 

 
As for those other crooked boards?
I HAVE A WOOD STOVE.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment