Thursday, June 27, 2013

PROJECT CLUB

 
I asked my mom for suggestions about how to get/keep my home in shape, especially when I tend to be either trapped in my work week or focused on creativity, during either of which I'm not exactly keen on anything else. 
 
Her suggestion, which is indicative of how well she knows me, is simple and something I can do:  Take one hour of each day and use it to work on any house project that I want. 
 
I can do that. 
 
Some of my projects are so daunting that I don't even want to touch them, but one hour a day ought to be do-able, even during my work week when I only HAVE a couple of hours to call my own.  One hour for writing or planning, one hour for a house project.  Cut and dried, done deal.  I don't have to take on any huge thing all at once and will still make progress. 
 
I told Mom it sort of reminds me of when I was in the Construction Zone, where I had to do a daily reconciliation to make sure the day's data and whatever all balanced and all that.  I was darned good at it.  So now I can apply that same basic principle to my own stuff by doing this daily thing AND letting HER know every day!  Talk about keeping in touch!  I can certainly post it too, and then SHE has to check my blog every day too!  Ha.
 
My sister D has also given me a challenge and a deadline so I keep up with my artwork.  I'm supposed to give her one entry for next year's fair every month, physically take it and deliver it to her to put into the fair storage room, where SHE will also be putting whatever SHE gets done for that month.  
 
We're already talking about a club or some such geared toward FILLING the exhibit building with entries next year ... we're making our own beginning on it and will draft whoever we can find to help us.  She knows a lot of people.  It could be a lot of FUN for all of us!     
 
My new kitchen's  floor got its first coat.
 
 
Here's the BEFORE picture.

 
Once I have several coats of deck paint on it, I'll use my squares to random-check it, but with a lot more coverage with the red than is on the wall hanging.  Then several coats of poly. 
 
It's going to take a good while, because I have to wait a day between each coat of paint, but that's okay. 
 
I moved my fridge into the other kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment