Tuesday, May 6, 2014

How Many Hats Can A Person Wear At One Time?



I kid you not.

I'm beginning to feel like I need to develop seven personalities and assign each of them a day of the week.

Daughter
Sister
Mother
Grandmother
Dog Owner
Homeowner
Roofer
Plumber
Electrician
Carpenter
Gardener
Author
Artist
Editor
Publisher
Financial Manager
Publicist
Salesperson
Photographer
Videographer
Electronic Communicator
Interstate Traveler
Lumberjack
Chimney sweep
Tree trimmer
CNA

Huh.

It seems I might have to go with a monthly rotation. If I stop at 28 I'll have a couple of days a month (barring February) to just be ME.

No wonder there are times I forget which hat I'm supposed to be wearing!

At this moment there are several projects demanding my IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.

Did you do this yet? Have you finished that? You need to be sure to make time for this other thing. Do you think you could maybe ... ? Don't forget you have to ... !

Breathe?

Eat?

Sleep?

Clean my house? 

Get that slide show finished?

Make a bunch of book trailers for the Mamm Books?

Find photos and tend to artwork.

Do some yardwork.

Say hello to Duke.

Get the Youngling books done and out.

Do the cover for Iona.

Finish writing Iona and Dunnottar.

Figure out how to clean up the circles.

Redo the covers that are already done.

Go in and give Caileen and Sass and Kalann their own names back and fix the files for re-submission.

Draw Sidheach, Caht, Teine, A'Ghrian ...

Fix and tile my studio ceiling.

Get those other outlets installed.

Hook up my non-functional furnace and plumb it to my non-functional radiators so somebody can come and tell me that it doesn't work.

Build window boxes to hang on my fence for my garden - it will look great and keep the plants safe from the rabbit that hangs out in my yard. I'm pretty sure rabbits can't climb six foot fences, right?

Fire up my chainsaw and get to work clearing my one sister's shelter belt of deadwood for my wood stove to burn next winter.

Call the library in Harvey and see if they want me to do a book signing some time in the near future.

Organize and finish my Sidhelagh wardrobe and accessories.

Build matching shields for me and Zachary.

Find music and photos that I can use for the book trailers.

Get photos of my 'Mamms' for publicity purposes, and get them wardrobes and accessories of their own. 

Get my press kit presentable and distributed on line to the media and bookstores I want. 

Go over to my other sister's studio and see what she's got going on.

Call my mom, or at least email her.

Figure out how I'm going to get to Victor for Labor Day this year so I can 'Paint the Town' at long last.

Do the Character Portraits for SONG. Then tackle the scene paintings at least.

WRITE the new beginning and ending for it.

Organize all my file cards so I can find what I want when I want it.

Sort out all the bills and receipts related to my books.

Figure out how to make a DVD so I can get the Brann books done for Zachary.

Put ads in the paper for upcoming stuff.

Build myself a little roundhouse in my courtyard. 

Hell.

I'm lucky if I remember to take my vitamins every day.

The list goes on and on. I've barely touched on the tip of the iceberg here.

I'm thinking maybe I ought to move 'Maintaining My Sanity' to the top of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment