Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Plan A Progressing Nicely

After working a full night shift I found I was wobbling a bit by the time I got home.  I took a power nap, got some things organized, and then pulled my little pick up truck next to the side door.

Two loads of boxes later I decided it was time to use the front door, as it's much easier to access and many things won't fit through the side door route.  After a couple of trials I got pretty good at backing the tailgate of my truck smack up to the door sill!  That makes for a quick and safe loading and unloading process, which is just flat out nice. 

Anything I can get out through the front door of this house is a piece of cake getting  into the studio, as all of those doorways are plenty big and it's a straight shot into the place via the front door, front porch, foyer, inside front door, and double dining room doors (for the things that aren't staying in the front room for the time being). 

Dark comes too quickly at this time of the year or I'd still be loading and unloading.  As it is, I'm a wee bit tired but quite very pleased with the progress I made today.  I'm guess-timating that there will be at least a half dozen more trips before I've got everything moved, so it's fortunate the trips are short! 

Now it's time for supper, a good book, a long tub soak, and snuggly warm pj's and robe. 

I'll take the day off from moving tomorrow because I don't want to go in for my 3-11 shift dead tired before I even get there.  The following day ought to be one of most satisfying days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment