Thursday, November 17, 2011

Plan A Progress: The Contract for Deed is Ready

It's exciting and a little strange-feeling to have written another legal document. 

This one is definitely WAY less heart-wrenching than the divorce I wrote for my husband and myself lo these many years ago. 

There's a bittersweet feeling to the process and I'm having a hard time trying to define it to myself, let alone getting the words right here. 

The fact that it's basically a legal requirement means that I had it to do and so do it I have.  And it wasn't all that hard once I found one on line that I could modify to meet our specific needs.  The principles are simple and I simplified the wording without losing any of the pertinent necessities. 

Anyway, it's done.  All we have to do is take it to a Notary and sign it.  That part feels distinctly satisfying. 

In a very few hours now the 'Buyer' will be here to look at the 'Property' in the company of the 'Seller' (that would be me!) and we'll take it from there. 

If she doesn't like it after all, or chickens out, it's not really going to be a great big deal as I have Plan B all ready to roll. 

If she DOES like it and wants to go for it, we can get the 'Agreement' signed and notarized tomorrow and begin the moving!  Needless to say, that is what I'm hoping for. 

The thought of actually being able to live in my studio for the duration of this long dark Dakota Winter makes me happy.  The thought of being able to work on the projects that will turn that 100 Year Old Home into one that I will spend my later years in is exciting. 

AND, I'll have you know, I'm doing this in an ORDERLY FASHION.

No comments:

Post a Comment