Sunday, March 1, 2015

I Love What I Do

Every time I look at this photo I know anew

Exactly why it is I love what I do

These sisters aren’t only just Dunnottar’s

They are also mine very own daughters

                  Alianora             Caileen           Aine          Sass


On the left is my daughter Helen. She’s a social worker.
Alianora is the Song of Faith.

Next is Tess; she teaches our young ones.
Caileen is the Song of Hope and of Tomorrow.

Heather brings light and love to the disabled.
Aine is the Song of Love.

Sarah works in an emergency clinic, Healing.
Sass is the Song of Healing.

Helen’s husband is an architect. Drustann.
Tess’ is a corporate administrator. Talorc.
Heather’s is a Warrior on many fronts, and loves to cook. Kalann.
Sarah’s isn’t yet, but he will find his Voice. Thann.

These are the Keepers of the Legacy:
Faith
Family 
Friends
Freedom
Future

And you know what?

I’m not the only one who loves what I do.
Each and all of them love what they do, too.

'The wheel goes 'round and 'round,' says Ullin of Iona.
And so it does.
So it does.

I love this photo because it captures not only the images of my daughters but their spirits as well. It is so very much THEM, exactly the way they are. They are all grown, with lives of their own - and I miss my girls every day, yes I do.

Alianora, Sass, Caileen, and Aine ... they are fictional Characters ... yet as I spend time writing of them, the spirits of my daughters ride my heart and guide my thoughts. And so I love the Characters. As each of their books come out in turn, they are tributes to my girls. Women now, they will be always and always ...  my girls.


photo courtesy of Steve Foss, father of Tess and Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment