Thursday, February 19, 2015

Totally Impressed with Stonehaven

PHOTO BY MARGO WILSON FROM MEARNS LEADER ARTICLE BELOW

http://www.mearnsleader.co.uk/news/local-headlines/stonehaven-town-partnership-seek-local-views-in-new-report-1-3693914


PHOTO FROM CHOUMAN AND GILMOUR FROM MEARNS LEADER ARTICLE BELOW



No I don't live in Stonehaven and no I've never even visited there except electronically ... but I have to say that I'm thoroughly loving the place!

The staff of their newspaper, the Mearns Leader, do a fantastic job of keeping everyone informed on what's going on, a very fortunate thing for me being as I'm clear across the world.

The links above are the beginning of what might turn out to be a collection of my favorite Stonehaven Stories ... where I can go when I need some serious Spirit-lifting ... I might have to start a whole new blog for them so they don't get lost in my hodgepodge of posts and I can get to them when I need them - which I'm finding to be an increasing need.

And no I can't explain why in the world I'm so fascinated and enchanted by a town so far removed from where I live. Other than its connection to Dunnottar and Dunnottar's connection to the Stories I write down of times long past (and times to come, as those Stories get written), I would have no idea that Stonehaven is one amazing community.

Oh but it is.

You know, a person can learn a lot from reading what talented local reporters write - and even more from reading the comments of local people who care enough about their community to add their input to discussions about topics that matter to them.

I don't mean to poke my nose into their business, and I'm not (quite). I am, however poking my eyes and my ears into their business ... not to mention my heart ... because even from a world away this place has the power to enchant.

The above two articles are a good indication of what I'm finding to love about Stonehaven.

People come up with ideas about how to make an already wonderful place even better, right? Right. And then they share those ideas so that all and sundry can (and do!) have a say about the whole thing.

You know what I'm finding?

I'm finding a community of people who are indeed a real community, ready willing and able to talk to one another about anything and everything under the sun that has to do with them and their home. They use their Voices - and they listen to one another. And good things happen.

They're coming up with solutions. Without compromising their strong roots in the past, they're looking to the future.

So yeah, my sentimental eyes aren't always completely dry as I observe from clear over here.

http://www.mearnsleader.co.uk/news/local-headlines/join-in-big-blether-on-alcohol-and-drugs-1-3694134

No comments:

Post a Comment