Monday, January 5, 2015

Strong, Educated, Fierce, Passionate, Disciplined ... PEOPLE ... not women only


This popped up on my Facebook feed and I loved it on sight.

The only thing I would change is the word 'women' - it should be 'people'.

Because these words apply to all, not women only.


If you know me at all you know (and if you don't you will soon discover) that there bides within me a deep longing for peace.

Hear me now because these words are for you.

Peace will not come so long as there are inequalities based on anything except an individual's own choices, which will create for them either happiness or misery, no matter their situation in life.

The words above, the first ones, are beautiful and at one time in my life I would have embraced them with all of the heart of me.

What I notice now is that they appear to imply that the traits mentioned are not currently in effect, not in womankind, and therefore are needed.

The implication that they are lacking in womankind ... without including the other half of the human race ... led me to do the 'edit'.

Knowing me (or learning as we go here) you also know that in the course of the past year and a half or so I have received an unusual kind of education.

When first I saw the words I said to myself, 'Those are the Women of SONG!'

And so they are.

Almost immediately come into my ears the Voices of those Women. From Mamm of Perth all the way down to Rua come the female Voices of SONG, and then come ALL of the Voices of SONG, male and female alike.

'We stand not apart,' they say to me. 'Nor would we if we could.'

And I am humbled.

It seems my education is yet incomplete.

No comments:

Post a Comment