Friday, June 20, 2014

'Small Town USA' Sold Out At Local Fair



Okay, I have two copies left, but one of them is mine and the other one is spoken for. I call that close enough to count.

Now the question is whether or not the locals who like the way I write newspaper feature articles can/will trust that same ability when it comes to the telling of stories from long ago and far away - I wonder how many will recognize themselves in the Characters of the SONG series? The family members of the original 'Cast' of course will see themselves pretty clearly - but as the Characters have morphed through the books, and others added as we go along, I'm finding that unexpected (though quite very welcome, believe me!) associations are surfacing which are strongly related to other people I either knew long ago or know now (or both) ... some are still more family members but many are connected to friends and/or acquaintances from over the years. 

If someone I know asks me, 'Did you put me into any of your books?' My answer would be, 'Read them. You'll recognize yourself in one of the Characters. Find the one that fits you and there you are!' They WILL find themselves within the pages of the books.

And that's it for this night. Tomorrow is going to be a fun and full day so I had best do what I can to prepare for it, like getting a good night's sleep.

Selling the books is a joy, but the greater joy lies in the conversations and hugs that go along with it, getting to spend even a few minutes talking with people I too rarely see, and thoroughly enjoying the heck out of it all!  

There are two days of this fair left ... I ought to have had more books on hand, sigh.

1 comment: