Sunday, January 6, 2013

Plan A Temporarily On The Slow Track, But Not Quite De-railed

Oh yeah, those projects ...

How long has it been since I've even thought about where I'm at with all the projects I'm supposed to be working on? 

Did I mention that I shoved my couch and love seat out into the front porch? 



That's because I've decided that having something in my house that I don't particularly WANT in my house is just silly. 

Why did I have the couch and love seat in my house in the first place if I didn't want them in there? 

Because 1)  they were gifts from a friend  2) until recently there wasn't space in the front porch for them  3) my family wants a place to sit if they ever come to visit me

Excuse me while I have a hearty laugh at myself here. 

*pause for laughing* 

1)  the friend moved south and we've lost contact
2)  there is now space in the front porch as I have been diligently trying to clear out clutter
3)  if/when my family wants something other than the chairs I use all the time, they're welcome to sit on the couch and/or love seat in the porch OR push them back into wherever they want them inside as long as they put them back

Hmmm...

I think I may be getting attitudinal as my later years set in! 

Well, for goodness sake, who lives here anyway? 

Me. 

I live here. 

Duke lives here too but he's a dog and doesn't have much of a say about how I arrange things. 

He has quite a lot to say in general, being a gregarious and loquacious canine, but he doesn't really care what goes where as long I'm in the vicinity and he can get to his own stuff.  His vocabulary is actually pretty impressive when it comes to that.  I reckon he's figured out that I'm not smart enough to speak canine so at times I SWEAR he tries to talk human to me. 

Which is neither here nor there - I'm just meandering here, pattering because I want to. 

'Progress on my projects' is what I'm SUPPOSED to be getting around to talking about. 

See this picture here? 

 
 
It's a work in progress that I've left alone for so long now that I'm afraid to pick up a brush to continue with it because sure as shootin' I'm liable to mess it up.  The thing is two feet by almost four feet and fits into a niche custom designed for it.  I do NOT want to mess it up. 
 
I do, however, want to finish it.  And so one of these days I will. 
 
And it will be fine. 
 
The thing is that it's indicative of the progress I've been making on ALL of my projects. 
 
Here's the beginning of the wall treatment in the pink room:
 
I've got to either paint over it and begin anew or go with it and add something more to it.
 
And here's the vanity with the big mirror, now in the bathroom:

 
And here we have a very nice addition to my antique kitchen:  hooks on a board that I attached to the front of one of my shelves; it comes in very handy.  Earl got it somewhere or other and it was in the garage from where I (with the aiding and abetting of a sister) scrounged it.

 
See those un-opened boxes of canning jars on that bottom shelf?  Yeh.  They were SUPPOSED to get full of good and pretty things to eat. 
 
I tell ya:  what with one thing and another 2012 ended up being not really one of my favorite years of all time.


What 'progress' happened was intermittent at best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment